Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bitty Baby and silver eye question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bethmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stopped at a TS today and found 2 darling Bitties!
    Both are so sweet and cleaned up nicely with Magic Eraser.
    Bitty #2 had been 'fed' and had dribbles down her chest so I took a leap of faith and unstuffed her and washed her body/limbs in the washer following the good directions here for AG girls.
    Now that looks as good as new.
    However..one eye has a bubble in the pupil and what looks like silver eye.
    That eye doesn't close all the way either.
    So ..here's my question..
    I think I'll send her for an eye fix/replacement..
    How do I do that?
    Do they do it free for Bitties?
    She's so cute,and I'd like to find her a happy home,but the eye thing might be scarey to a little one.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member marisoldancegirl662's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2006
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would just call CS about it. One time I had to send a doll to the hospital, I called them right before I sent her in, They would replace the body if I just sent the head that was 38 dollars orginally, I purchased a whole new body because all of her limbs were loose.
    All together this cost about 40 something dollars with shipping!!

  3. #3
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Yes they will replace bitties eyes for free. Send it in the same way you woulf send in an 18". Just do everything the same as if you were paying and fill out the form for head replacement, but only include payment for the $5.95 for return shipping. I wrote DEFECT in the head replacement price box so they knew to look for the messed up eye.

    There's a good chance they will replace the body too, so make sure to put the worst body on the silver eyed head before you send it in too. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    BTW if one of them is an AA bitty I will give it a really good home! I've been loooking for one at a reasonable price for a LONG time.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 04, 2006 03:27 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

  4. #4
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    I called CS some time ago about replacing bitties eyes and they replace the whole head not just the eyes and it's true that if the body looks terrible chances are they will replace that, too!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never call first. That way they can't tell me no [img]tongue.gif[/img] . I just fill out the form as well as type up a letter with my request. They did change out the eyes only on my DD's Nicki (Bitty) and kept the neck strings. However, before I found the board I didn't know what to request. I sent my nieces Bitty in and she came back with a whole new head and no strings. Now for some a new head is a good thing but in this case it was losing an old friend [img]frown.gif[/img] . Since I began including a note I have been 100% satisfied. Congratulations on such good finds!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree. You have to give them specific instructions. I forgot to tell them to keep my #11s neck strings. Sure enough she came home with the zip tie. I don't really mind though. I DID tell them to ONLY change her eyes, and that is all they did. I am totally confident in AGH now, and will use them if I have to in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •